Zipper is a very humble and amazing invention from the past, and it has always stayed the same. The size and look might have changed the mechanism remains the same.
You might have good collection of fashion accessories lying idle, Reason! “My zipper broke”, it’s quite frustrating.
Once the zipper goes, the item as a whole is rendered useless.
Finding a solution to a broken zipper is easy once you know the problem associated with it. Many home remedies will come handy while dealing with zipper problem
My zipper is struck. Yes! your zipper is struck. It’s because some dirt might have caught between the teeth or the slider of the zipper. Just rub the graphite found in pencils on the zipper teeth and the slider. It will clear the dirt and lubricate the zipper tracks. – Graphite contains grease.
And if this doesn’t work then it time you use some lubricants like ZipCare, which is available in the market or on online store. Apply the solution on the slider slowly inch the slider down, reapply, and continue moving down until the slider moves all the way down to bottom end of the teeth.
My slider is broken. If the slider of the zipper is broken, no need to replace the whole zipper. Just find out the size and type of the zipper and replace only the slider by detaching the upper part of the zipper a little to slide down the slider in its position. If you can do it at home then you can ask for a professional help it won’t cost you much
My zipper don’t remain zipped- (pop’s open in the middle). The most frustrating problem with zipper is the teeth won’t close properly. If you are struck with this problem then you have multiple solutions to fix it.
· Check if any thread or a small bulge of cloth is struck in the zipper slider, pull it and try to zip it properly
· Try using the pencil graphite trick explained earlier to lubricate or remove the dirt struck in the slider and the teeth
· Check if the teeth of the zipper is aligned properly, over time some of the teeth might pop up, if that is the case use the pliers gently to bring back the teeth in position.
· Check if the both the teeth is clenching properly at the bottom. Where a metal is use to couple the teeth. If found faulty remove the metal, manually couple the teeth at the bottom and stitch them. this should work
· Finally if none of them works then it times you replace you the whole zipper.
My zipper slider always slides down Of course; this is one problem which will put you in the embracing situation. And let me be honest there is no permanent s solution but I can give you some temporary solution, to pull you out of the situation, in case this problem is associated with the trousers or jeans. Slide a ring or rubber band on the tip of the slider, pull the zipper up and struck the ring/rubber band to the pant button ( if you have one just above the zipper).
For every other item; you will have to change the zipper.
Zoom to your closet, zap your problem, zip your item.
Let us know how did your zipper break? We might help you with your problem.